Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine's Day Blues

So Valentine's day is right around the corner and once again I am to be without a date. This is going on 21 years of dateless Valentine's days. Those days in elemetary school don't count because the teacher just mixed them up and handed them out to everyone! :-) Well, my problem is that I have this girl that I like. But now-a-days you can't actually ask someone out on Valentine's day unless you plan on being with them seriously. I'm really into casual dating. I guess this is mainly because I'm never sure that it'll work out. I'm always sure that I'm interested in the girl but I don't know much past that. Like: are we compatible? Does she have little quirks that I think are annoying? Does she think that my little things are annoying? Is this a pity date? There are tons of things that are always going through my mind. Don't get me wrong...my self-esteem is fine. I think I'm sexy and I don't really care what others think. But I kinda care what the girl that I like thinks about me. That's not too strange.

Anyway, I went to this sorority date-night program tonight before studying. It was alright, It was a lot of people that I already knew. There were a couple that I didn't and that were cute. But you know, I never make moves. That could be why I'm so single. I'm so concerned with not being a hoe that I never take any chances on anyone. What is the proper time after being shot down by one girl to ask another girl out? That's a pretty sensitive time-frame, I'm sure. Really, i'd just be okay with getting to know some girl really well (exclusively) without being in a relationship. we'll see how this all works out.

No comments: