Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fast or Slow

Day 1
I have undertaken my first fast ever. The goal is simply guidance and patience. I guess they are not so simple when you spell them out on the internet.

I am having trouble deciding whether to stick with this program or find my way back to the states after traveling a bit in China. I was tossing and turning about it for a substantial part of the night last night and "fasting" was laid on my heart. So, for an undetermined amount of time, I will be living by water and bread. I will supplement my lack of meals with extensive prayer and meditation. I don't know how long it will take for me to see what I need to and I honestly don't know how long I am able. As a student of fitness, though my appearance does not show, I know what to eat and when and how much of it to eat. So, I know that just bread and water is not the best for me, at all. But I know that this is where my answer will come from.

So, day 1 has come and gone (almost) and no food has entered my body. We'll see where this is going and I'll try to keep you updated as to my status

Psalm 37:7-9
"Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land."

No comments: