Monday, December 20, 2010

A letter

Today I received a letter. This letter, although simple and concise, has brought me immeasurable joy and happiness. In it was the knowledge that I am still not alone in this. Every few weeks, I start to falter a little. I begin to think that maybe I'm doing it wrong, or that maybe I am bothersome in the amount of times I call or email. Then I receive reassurance that I am not and that there is no way that I could be. The delicate purple handwriting shows the side of her that I enjoy so much. Yes, of course, there is the adrenaline-junkie part with whom I enjoy discovering new things. But the manner of her letters, the ink with which she writes and the mannerisms of her speech are what remind me of who she is and why I think of her constantly. Even the hand-doodle picture at the bottom is just more reassuring to me. It would seem as if my heart grows fonder with every pen stroke shown on this paper.

No comments: