Saturday, May 8, 2010

So begins this life

Well here we are at the end in the beginning. In one week I will be considered a college graduate and will be unleashed upon the world for it to deal with my rapacious appetite for success. However, the issue remains that I still do not know what I am going to do. I have all of these grand plans for where I'll be in 10 or 15 years but I never really thought about how I was going to get there or what I was going to do in the interim.

I am terribly frustrated and terribly scared.

I believe that the first job you take determines your salary for the rest of your working life. factoring in that most people change jobs once every 2 or 3 years and that many people receive a raise of about 2% per job change and we work for about 40 years, one can see where the math leads. I do not want to be stuck in a low-middle income lifestyle. I was meant for greater things and I just need to figure out the first step.

welcome to my conflict.

No comments: