Monday, August 30, 2010

Conflict

What does one do when conflict arises to devour one's life? Do you just let it crop up and take over? Do you fight it with everything you have to maintain your sense of normalcy? or Do you trust in God to resolve conflict? To me, I believe that God puts conflicts in our way to test us or allow us to grow. He does not, however, remove them for us. We have to trust that He has given us the knowledge and the tools to deal with the conflict that has arisen. That is the way that I feel about things.

Now, the conflicts that arise can go one or two ways. Either they change a relationship or they do not. If they do change the relationship, it can happen either negatively or positively. It is your job to decide which one it will be. You are almost guaranteed for the relationship to change, in my experience.

I presently struggle with positive or negative. Will I fight or will I let conflict take it's course? Do I care enough to go through the potential headache that could come with that fight? When is it okay to just call the match and go home? I've got a lot of hypotheticals here. Some of them are just questions on my mind, some of them actually mean something. Unless you are in my head or have been in every situation that I have been in for the past 6 months, you may not understand.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a hard time really caring about things or people. But, when I do care about it, I give my whole heart until I feel that it is more advantageous for me to move on or that my caring has become detrimental to myself or the thing that I care about. When this happens, I honestly have no problems letting go and moving on. *Except for one person (other than my mother) who has impacted my life, so permanently that I could not let go. If you have to ask, then you are not that person. Take solace in the fact that many many before you have not been that person either and many many after you will fall to the same dilemma.

I digress. Above is a passage that, while saying absolutely nothing, tells you everything that you need to know and answers all of the questions that you had.

No comments: